How to get facilitation skills training course materials that will save you time
Creating a successful training course on facilitation skills for any environment is easier said than done.
We know there are many reasons why you may want to access facilitation skills training course materials. Our favorite is simply that you want to save time and effort while still improving the facilitation skills of others.
By instantly downloading our training content, you can immediately start to offer your own training courses.
A huge benefit of accessing our content is that you can add your own logos and customize the content in any way that you want. So, if there is anything that you want to cover you’ll have the source files available with no restrictions.
Use these course materials to explore various facilitation skills techniques with your learners (e.g., line managers, supervisors and line staff) to become better facilitators).
Always pay close attention to your audience
The following topics are covered within the slides, manuals and support materials provided.
What is facilitation – Start the course with a definition of facilitation.
What is a facilitator – Then, explore the traits associated with great facilitators.
Functions – Examine what is the function of facilitation. Next, examine various facilitation styles and principles. Plus, the values that are needed by effective facilitators.
The facilitation process – Next, discuss decision making, outcomes and products.
Designing the process – Explore how to design a facilitation process.
Facilitation techniques – Examine tips, rules, and how to gain consensus. Then, explore self-check questions and the concept of intervention.
Techniques – Next, explore specific techniques that facilitators can use within a wide variety of settings. These include:
– Awareness Technique
– NGT Technique
– Affinity Diagram
– Fish Bowl
– Multiple Perspectives Disk
– The Hanger Technique
People in the process – Start the final part of this course by examining group dynamics and personality types. Next, explore the important areas of dealing with conflict. And, then discuss the role of people in the process.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
– Identify the main obstacles to effective facilitation skills
– Understand the facilitation process
– Understand a range of facilitation techniques
– Build an effective facilitation process
– Explain the benefits of effective facilitation skills
What you get
You will instantly receive the following training course materials:
- 60 page facilitator manual
- 67 page participant manual
- 84 powerpoint slides
- Practical exercises
- Further reading
- Course evaluation form
- Action plan
Bonus free training materials available
You will also receive the following free training guides:
- Training icebreakers
- How to select training materials
- Training games
- How to increase participation
- Learn to improve your questioning skills
- How to improve your listening skills
- Learn how to deal with difﬁcult people
- How to evaluate training courses
Frequently asked questions from facilitation skills training courses
What is facilitation?
Facilitation is the process of making something easier or possible. And, an effective facilitator uses their skills and experience as a protector of this process.
How do I know if I will be a good facilitator?
These basic questions will help to determine your ability to function as a facilitator:
- Are you able to listen without bias or judgment?
- Do you respect the opinions of others even when they disagree with you?
- Are you comfortable dealing with conflict?
- Can you think on your feet?
- Can you accept feedback on your performance from others?
- Are you comfortable in front of a group?
- Can you leave your own agenda behind?
What is the role of a facilitator?
The role of the facilitator is to protect the process and participants. A facilitator must make:
- No judgments
- No contributions
- No taking sides
What are the main facilitator styles?
Depending on the situation, as a facilitator, you will adopt one or a combination of the following styles.
What are the main tasks associated with the role of a facilitator?
Facilitation skills are a powerful way to effect change within a business environment.
The main tasks associated with the role of a facilitator include:
- Setting agendas
- Capturing data
- Time management
- Information seeking
- Relieving tension
What are the key things that every facilitator needs to know?
Useful, practical ways of working for a facilitator are the anchor of any process. And, a facilitator will not be effective if they do not stick to and protect the process. With that simple rule in mind, here are some other guidelines that every facilitator should be aware of.
- Neutrality is the priority
- Preparation is important
- The ability to read people is crucial
- Select and use techniques that suit the situation
- Manage the group dynamic
- Recognize and respond to the needs of individuals
- Communication skills are vital
- Facilitator skills develop the more the facilitator actually facilitates
- The most important role of the facilitator is to protect the facilitation process
What are main tips that every facilitator should know?
These simple and practical tips will serve any facilitator well - no matter what situation they may find themselves in. Here are a few important tips:
- Keep everything visible
- Keep everything recorded
- Clarify any changes as you go along
- Face the group
- Use the space you are in
- Involve participants wherever you can
- Don’t let people ramble on
- Call people by their name
- Remember that the group needs to speak to each other - not you
- Know when to be quiet
- Don’t allow the group to transfer ownership of the process to you
- Read the group and respond accordingly
- Check the ‘mood meter’
- Break at the agreed times
What are the eight main facilitation techniques?
It’s crucial for any facilitator to stay well-informed and learn continuously about the following eight main facilitation techniques. These are:
- Nominal group technique
- Affinity diagram
- Multiple perspectives
- Hanger Technique
What are the main facilitator maintenance functions?
Successful facilitators also need to be aware of key facilitator maintenance functions. These include:
- Gate keeping
- Consensus seeking
- Standard keeping
What are the three stages involved within an effective facilitation process?
A facilitation process can be separated into three distinct stages:
- Stage 1: Define the purpose, outcomes and products required from the process
- Stage 2: Design and define the actual process
- Stage 3: Implement the process and ensure the outcomes and products
If after completion of stage 3, the outcomes and products meet the original definitions, then the process can finish. If outcomes and products do not meet the original definitions, then you must return to Stage 1.
Can I edit the content and add my own company logo?
Yes. You can now add your own logo's and customize the course content freely using Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. You can also deliver the course materials where, when and as often as needed.
Get Every Course We’ve Ever Created – Limited Time Offer
Get massive savings when you order all our training course materials.
$1,559.48 Add to cart
“The modules are certainly still proving useful. Every day I think of another use for them, they have come at just the right time, really excellent value for money – the complexity and depth in the materials mean we can mix and max Powerpoint presentations to suit our audience’s levels and requirements.”
Action Development Group
“As someone who’s been involved in training for more than twenty years, I’ve never known a resource that’s as consistently valuable as Oak.
I’m always amazed at their willingness to provide purchasers of their complete range of presentations regular updates and new training packages at no additional cost. That makes my purchase become more valuable all the time. And their speed in responding to questions is phenomenal.
One of the sessions I often provide is a Training the Trainers workshop. In it, the very first resource I encourage people to purchase is the library of resources from Oak. These packages have made my job infinitely easier, and I recommend them to anyone who’s looking for the highest quality in training materials.”
Jeffrey L. Buller
Academic Training, Leadership & Assessment Services