How to get effective meetings training materials that will save you time
Great content is the driving force behind every successful effective meetings training course.
However, even the most effective business manager or training professional won’t always have the time to create course materials from scratch.
This is where we can help.
Focus on practical examples
Learning how to participate effectively in meetings is a highly sought after skills for today’s modern organizations.
But, effective meetings are not always as simple as getting people into a room. We’ve learnt that effective meetings occur when the right people are brought together for a specific purpose and result. And, when those present have the right skills to effectively participate within the meeting.
The following topics are covered within the slides, manuals and support materials provided.
The value of meetings – Start by exploring how to make meetings work. Then, focus on the central aspects of formal meetings (e.g., agenda, minutes, etc). And, help participants understand and appreciate the importance of approaching informal meetings in the right way. Next, share aspects of functional, symbolic and functionally focused meetings. And, finally outline the success factors involved.
Roles and responsibilities – Examine the role and responsibilities of the chairperson, timekeeper, recorder and participants.
Meeting responsibilities – Review meeting responsibilities and the role in people at meetings. Discuss, how to lead a meeting.
Leadership styles for meetings – In the final section, explore different leadership styles. And, why some meetings can fail.
Upon completion of this course in effective meetings, your participants will be able to:
– Understand the importance of running effective meetings
– Identify the key components
– Describe the factors that cause meetings to fail
– Understand the different ways that employees can influence meetings
– Identify types of meetings
– Recognize the potential impact of meetings
What you get
You will instantly receive the following training course materials to deliver your own training courses on effective meetings:
- 62 page facilitator manual
- 62 page participant manual
- 65 powerpoint slides
- Practical exercises
- Further reading
- Course evaluation form
- Action plan
Bonus free training materials available
You will also receive the following free training guides:
- Training icebreakers
- How to select training materials
- Training games
- How to increase participation
- Learn to improve your questioning skills
- How to improve your listening skills
- Learn how to deal with difﬁcult people
- How to evaluate training courses
Frequently asked questions from training courses on effective meetings
What is an effective meeting?
A meeting is a gathering of people with one or more goals to be achieved. Meetings can be held in a variety of locations and for a variety of reasons each with their own particular impact on the organization and the attendees. Overall, meetings should be seen and used as effective vehicles for action and performance.
What values do meetings create?
Many companies boost their performance by maximizing the benefits of meetings. By their nature, and if effectively used, meetings generate:
- A sense of involvement
- Greater communication
- Better decision making
- Improved problem solving
- Better creativity
- Greater team building
How can I make meetings work for me?
It is possible to make meetings work by:
- Clarifying the understanding of what a meeting actually is
- Examining different types of meeting and choosing the most suitable
- Knowing why meetings fail
- Identifying and applying key skills and techniques
What are the main elements of an agenda for a formal meeting?
The agenda must be circulated before the meeting and should contain the following:
- Title of the meeting /meeting number
- Participants names
- Details of venue, date and time
- Any apologies
- Attention drawn to the Minutes from the last meeting
- Details of the matters arising
- Reports from any relevant personnel
- Any other business
What are the success factors associated with effective meetings?
We all can view meetings as being successful for different reasons. However, the following are some of the main reasons why meetings are successful.
- Clear objectives
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Honest, direct and constructive criticism
- Fair distribution of activities in the group
- Accurate assessment of the capabilities and performance levels within the group
- Ability to deal effectively with disagreements
- Good leadership
How should a leader lead a meeting?
Good leadership is crucial for an effective meeting. Typical leadership functions at meetings will include:
- Controlling the meeting
- Clarifying objectives
- Handling/encouraging contributions
- Time management
- Ensuring involvement
- Assigning responsibilities
- Managing the people
Before the meeting the leader should:
- Outline the main points of the meeting
- Clarify the ideas about the meeting
- Decide on who should attend
- Decide on venue, date and time
- Draw up and circulate the agenda
- Emphasize the type of the meeting
- Decide whether it will be formal/informal
- Circulate any useful documentation
During the meeting the leader should:
- Create the right climate
- Open the meeting and introduce participants
- Outline the structure, content and time limits
- Highlight the key goals
- Encourage discussion & involvement
- Help to summarize/clarify contributions
- Control any dominators/troublemakers
- Get decisions made
- Confirm responsibilities and actions
- Close the meeting with a summary of key action points
Can I edit these training course materials?
Yes. You can now add your own logo's and customize the course content freely using Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. You can also deliver the course materials where, when and as often as needed.
Get Every Course We’ve Ever Created – Limited Time Offer
Get massive savings when you order all our training course materials.
$1,559.48 Add to cart
“The modules are certainly still proving useful. Every day I think of another use for them, they have come at just the right time, really excellent value for money – the complexity and depth in the materials mean we can mix and max powerpoint presentations to suit our audiences levels and requirements.”
Action Development Group
“As a trainer I appreciate the trainer background materials so I can study up on the details and background of a course.”
Critical Success Consulting
“When you have an urgent need to prepare training the best thing to do is order from Oak.
We thank them for the great materials that they have prepared. A little permitted company-specific customization by us was enough to present a virtually perfect training session in our company. After this test we ordered another 10 modules – easily and conveniently. In addition, I received an incredibly good service with a personal touch to the client-specific requirements.”
Human Resource Manager
“Great customer service … isn’t that frequent I’m afraid so I happily acknowledge it when I encounter it.”
Helen Elizabeth Seminars and Coaching