Do you ever feel like you are just too busy to develop instructional materials on competency development skills?
You feel like you have no time, stressed and even guilty for not having the time you need.
Maybe you find it so overwhelming and you feel like just giving up on your task of developing training course materials.
You are not alone.
In fact, several studies by the Chapman Alliance, highlight that it can take up to 43 hours to develop just one hour of instructor-led training material.
So, it is no wonder many people abandon their course development efforts.
I want to keep you laser-focused on delivering your training courses on competency development skills.
And the good news is that you can now download the instructional materials you’ll need to deliver this training course on competency development skills.
Sounds good, right?
You’re In Good Company
Why Are Competency Development Skills Essential?
I know that people turn to Oak Innovation to look for information to learn new skills or to deliver their training courses.
And we’re always available to help in any way that we can.
At their simplest, competency skills are the skills required to understand, identify, optimize, and develop the competencies necessary for an individual to reach optimum performance in their role, and aligned to the overall strategy of an organization.
That’s why our teams believe that competency development skills are simple and essential skills that can be developed through various training workshops, meetings, and activities. These skills are also beneficial to all categories of staff.
For me, the key reasons why competency skills are essential in the workplace are:
- Deloitte’s Human Resource Executive’s “What’s Keeping HR Up at Night” survey revealed that 2 of the top 5 challenges facing companies are aligning people strategies to business objectives and driving culture change.
- Gartner highlight that 70% of employees still feel that they do not have sufficient mastery of their skills to perform their jobs.
- Sprout Social revealed that only 29 % of organizations with clear learning and development plans. And that this leads many employees to feel undervalued and underdeveloped.
A competency is a collection of related skills, abilities, and knowledge that enable individuals to perform effectively in a job or task.
And the main benefits of competency development to an organization are:
- Clarification of job and work expectations.
- Hiring the best possible people.
- Maximizing productivity.
- Adapting to change.
- Aligning behavior with strategy.
- Utilization of talents.
- Job enrichment.
- Increase in responsibility.
- Increase in value to the company.
- Personal satisfaction.
- Clarity of roles.
- Improved teamwork.
- Recognition of value.
- Succession planning.
- Increased profitability.
- Increased earnings per share.
- Improved security and survival.
- Increased confidence.
- Retention of key staff.
- The capture of resident knowledge.
You can use the instructional materials to share the critical components of competency development. Highlight various learning styles. And you can use the content to discuss how to remove obstacles to competency development.
This competency skills training course targets the needs of the following:
- Line staff and team members wishing to develop a greater sense of control and improved self-esteem, motivation and purpose within the organization.
- Line staff and team members seeking to develop greater competency awareness.
- Managers looking to further develop their leadership skills by understanding how to promote and support skill development within their teams.
At the end of this training course, your participants will be able to:
- Understand how competencies can be a business driver.
- Identify critical components of competency development.
- Understand various learning styles.
- Identify and remove obstacles to competency development.
- Develop a competency-based approach.
There are 4 key sections in this training course.
In today’s ever-changing world, being able to think creatively and practically about competency development is an essential skill.
In this opening section, you can use the instructional materials provided to:
- Explore a working definition of competencies.
- Discuss the components of competencies and how they are at the centre of conversations on how knowledge, skills, and abilities develop.
- Outline expert advice and insights highlighting how leadership has become a crucial factor in developing these skills.
- Explore the role of interdependencies, the benefits of competencies, and the business-critical area of succession planning.
Then, you can use the slide deck provided to share that companies often seek to attract certain competencies.
- Communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Business awareness.
- Decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates responsibility.
Next, you can use the instructional materials to explore how companies will seek to attract strong leadership competencies.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Conflict resolution.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Ability to influence others.
- Can manage performance.
- Ability to build teams.
- Excellent delegation skills.
- Can manage and lead change.
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Can motivate others.
2. Competency mapping
This section of the course is all about competency mapping.
You can use the training manual and pre-written slide deck to:
- Discuss competency mapping.
- Explore key performance factors.
3. The stages of learning
In this section, you can use the competency development training manual to pay special attention to the key factors involved in learning new competencies. And explore key learning models (e.g., VAK).
4. Different types of learning
In the final section, you can use the training manual to explore the barriers to developing competency development skills.
- Prioritize your time with instantly available content.
- Automatically saves you time to focus on delivery.
- Provides a single source of content for your training courses.
- Removes the need to develop slide decks, manuals, guides, etc.
- Eliminates the need to hunt for content on the internet.
- Highlights training courses you may otherwise not have considered.
- Offers a seamless jump from an identified need to course delivery.
- Scales your delivery options with customizable content that can be rebranded.
- Proven ROI from incredible prices.
What You Get:
- 92 Page Instructor Manual.
- 77 Customizable PowerPoint Slides.
- 64-Page Training Manual.
- 17 Free Training Games.
- 17 Free Training Icebreakers.
- 12 Practical Training Guides.
- 2 Course Tests.
- Reading List.
- Course Advertorial.
- Action Plan.
€ 71Add to cart