This one-day competency development skills course is an easy-to-present course that can be delivered in various training workshops, meetings, and activities. It is suited for groups of 12-15 people.
You can use these instructional materials to equip your course participants with a solid understanding of competency development skills.
The content can be rebranded and customized by adding a logo.
The World’s Best Brands Trust Oak Innovation
A competency is a collection of related skills, abilities, and knowledge that enable individuals to perform effectively in a job or task.
And the main benefits of competency development to an organization are:
- Clarification of job and work expectations.
- Hiring the best possible people.
- Maximizing productivity.
- Adapting to change.
- Aligning behavior with strategy.
- Utilization of talents.
- Job enrichment.
- Increase in responsibility.
- Increase in value to the company.
- Personal satisfaction.
- Clarity of roles.
- Improved teamwork.
- Recognition of value.
- Succession planning.
- Increased profitability.
- Increased earnings per share.
- Improved security and survival.
- Increased confidence.
- Retention of key staff.
- The capture of resident knowledge.
You can use the instructional materials to share the critical components of competency development. Highlight various learning styles. And you can use the content to discuss how to remove obstacles to competency development.
Who Should Attend
This course will target the needs of line staff, team members, managers, and human resource professionals.
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Understand how competencies can be a business driver.
- Identify critical components of competency development.
- Understand various learning styles.
- Identify and remove obstacles to competency development.
- Develop a competency-based approach.
There are four key sections in this training course.
In today’s ever-changing world, being able to think creatively and practically about competency development is an essential skill.
In this opening section, you can use the instructional materials provided to:
- Explore a working definition of competencies.
- Discuss the components of competencies and how they are at the centre of conversations on how knowledge, skills, and abilities develop.
- Outline expert advice and insights highlighting how leadership has become a crucial factor in developing these skills.
- Explore the role of interdependencies, the benefits of competencies, and the business-critical area of succession planning.
Then, you can use the slide deck provided to share that companies often seek to attract certain competencies.
- Communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Business awareness.
- Decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates responsibility.
Next, you can use the instructional materials to explore how companies will seek to attract strong leadership competencies.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Conflict resolution.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Ability to influence others.
- Can manage performance.
- Ability to build teams.
- Excellent delegation skills.
- Can manage and lead change.
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Can motivate others.
2. Competency mapping
This section of the course is all about competency mapping.
You can use the training manual and pre-written slide deck to:
- Discuss competency mapping.
- Explore key performance factors.
3. The stages of learning
In this section, you can use the competency development training manual to pay special attention to the key factors involved in learning new competencies. And explore key learning models (e.g., VAK).
4. Different types of learning
In the final section, you can use the training manual to explore the barriers to developing competency development skills.
- 92 Page Instructor Manual.
- 77 Customizable PowerPoint Slides.
- 64-Page Training Workbook.
- 17 Free Training Games.
- 17 Free Training Icebreakers.
- 12 Practical Training Guides.
- 2 Course Tests.
- Reading List.
- Course Advertorial.
- Action Plan.
€ 71Add to cart
Why Are Competency Development Skills Essential?
The key reasons why competency skills are essential in the workplace are:
- Deloitte’s Human Resource Executive’s “What’s Keeping HR Up at Night” survey revealed that 2 of the top 5 challenges facing companies are aligning people strategies to business objectives and driving culture change.
- Gartner highlight that 70% of employees still feel that they do not have sufficient mastery of their skills to perform their jobs.
- Sprout Social revealed that only 29 % of organizations with clear learning and development plans. And that this leads many employees to feel undervalued and underdeveloped.