Leading a project requires a mastery of critical roles and responsibilities, plus the ability to understand the main phases of a project, and explore the main obstacles to successful projects.
As a result of attending this practical advanced project management course, participants will master an essential project management process; examines the range of project management tools and techniques available; and understand the key features of defining a project.
Participants in our advanced project management course development program will reflect on everything they need to understand, plan, and manage projects. Achieve results. And, manage key people.
Our advanced project management course outlines strategies for monitoring and controlling projects and will help participants never lose sight of goals. This is something we frequently hear from clients with problem-solving training needs.
All course material provided can be rebranded and customized.
Who Is This Product For?
This product is designed for leaders, managers, coaches, mentors, counsellors, instructors, individuals, and leading organizations that want to help the people and teams they support to be more productive.
That support can be through direct instruction, coaching, mentoring, counselling, or within traditional management arrangements.
This product also suits professionals who want to save time and improve their professional development.
The World’s Best Brands Trust Oak Innovation
Who Should Attend This Advanced Project Management Course
Project management is the application of knowledge, skills, and expertise to achieve specific project goals within identified resources and constraints.
This one-day advanced project management course can be used in various training workshops, meetings, and activities. It is suited for groups of 12-15 people. This course targets the needs of line staff, team members, managers, and human resource professionals. And this is also the best way forward for companies with technical report writing training needs.
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Identify the main obstacles.
- Understand the project management process.
- Understand a range of project management tools and techniques.
- Build an effective project management process.
- Explain the benefits of managing projects.
Topics Covered In This Advanced Project Management Course
1. How to define a project
- Define what a project is.
- Outline the key characteristics of all successful projects.
2. Key project roles and responsibilities
- Project team.
- Project steering committee.
- Finance administrator.
- Communication administrator.
- Documentation administrator.
- Schedule administrator.
- Support systems administrator.
- Quality administrator.
3. The main phases of a project
- Explore the key phases of initiation with your audience.
- Discuss planning tasks and generating expert advice.
- Examine tasks (the network diagram).
- Identify critical aspects like Critical Paths and resources.
- Focus on milestones.
4. The project schedule
- Introduce project budget, budget sections, and budget variance.
5. Project planning and contingency
- Learn how to manage expectations.
- Discuss how to check the plan.
- Detail execution and documentation.
6. Monitoring and controlling projects
- Highlight monitoring and control.
7. Why do some projects fail
- Learn why some projects are not successful.
Advanced Project Management Course Overview
You will instantly receive a zipped file that contains the following:
- 97 Page Instructor Manual.
- 84 Customizable PowerPoint Slides.
- 80 Page Training Workbook.
- 17 Free Training Games.
- 17 Free Training Icebreakers.
- 12 Practical Training Guides.
- 2 Course Tests.
- Reading List.
- Course Advertorial.
- Action Plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why use training course materials created by Oak Innovation?
- You save time and effort by downloading our instantly available training course materials, especially if you don’t have much spare time.
- You can brand all the training course materials as your own, opening up new delivery opportunities and revenue streams.
- You can customize the content without restrictions to meet the needs of your audience.
- You don’t need prior experience; you’ll instantly receive everything you need to deliver each course (e.g., slides, manuals, and guides).
Why is an advanced project management course essential in the workplace?
We all want to better understand how we can possess advanced project management skills, don’t we? Advanced project management skills, whether in a small or large team, will ensure that learners are better positioned to succeed within their roles.
People with advanced project management skills will always make the best use of resources in less time and with more impact than individuals lacking this knowledge. Advanced project management skills training is designed to support all organizations to develop more skilled teams.
What are the benefits of attending an advanced project management course?
Ask managers and line staff about the top three skills required in their companies, and many will answer “advanced project management skills.”
This is because to be truly efficient, people must quickly get up to speed and develop advanced project management skills so as to complete projects effectively. Awareness of advanced project management skills adds real skill value and inspires learners to think about how to better manage projects. Learners with advanced project management skills will also understand how to get the best out of individuals, resources, and projects. This training course material also offers many benefits for companies with advanced presentation skills training needs.
Why I should present an advanced project management course
We have designed this Advanced Project Management Course specifically to target the following needs:
- The Project Management Institute has shown that companies with clear project management structures in place have 38% more successful projects than those that do not.
- A LinkedIn Learning study identified that upskilling and reskilling are the top priority for learning and development professionals globally.
- The Project Management Institute also highlights that 61% of companies provide some level of training and development.
- Yet, in the same study, only 46% of companies make project management a corporate objective.
- Wellingtone suggests that 71% of project managers see the value of their role increasing within their companies.
- And a LinkedIn study found that 64% of Learning and Development professionals agree that training initiatives are shifting focus from “nice to have” to “need to have”.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to improve their advanced project management skills.
All leaders, managers, team leaders, line staff, trainers, coaches, and motivational speakers should attend this program to become experienced.
When will I get my training course materials?
You will receive your training course materials instantly after placing your order.
You will get the following resources:
An informative step-by-step guide of what you should do while presenting this course, complete with exercises and tests you use during the training.
This can be provided for participants to follow the progress of the course. Participants can complete exercises, tests, and an action plan in this workbook and review further suggested readings.
PowerPoint Slide Deck
You will get all the slides necessary to present the course.
The trainer and learner workbooks include all the activities/exercises developed to generate learning.
You will get a pre-course test and a course advertorial specific to the course.
You will get a post-course test, a learner action plan template, and a reading list specific to the course.
What trainer guides will I get?
You will get expert trainer guides to help you present this course.
- How to best use training games within your courses (includes 17 sample training games).
- How to make the best use of icebreakers in your courses (includes 17 sample icebreakers).
- A guide to increasing participation levels.
- How to teach trainees about personal values in your training courses.
- How to ensure that you will always create effective presentations.
- A guide on how to deal with difficult people.
- How to teach trainees about common emotional reactions to change.
- How to get the best participation levels within all your training courses.
- Your ten-step approach to creating a strong trainer trust score.
- How to teach your trainees to set goals within your training courses.
- How to select the right materials for your training courses.
- Your seven-steps to always creating the type of presentations that people remember.
- How to improve your questioning skills for your training courses.
- How to improve your listening skills within your training courses.
- A guide on evaluating training.
How long is this advanced project management skills course?
1 day (8 hours of content)
Can I add my logo?
Of course! You can brand this course as your own.
Can I customize this advanced project management skills course?
Of course! You can edit the content to meet the unique needs of your learners.
Why should I use Oak Innovation training materials to present an advanced project management skills course?
Oak Innovation uses a unique approach to create this course – mixing the practical need to develop skills with the learning of experienced trainers. We offer you the training course materials to support delivering this course in a practical, informative and engaging way, no matter the delivery situation.
Can I use these training course materials to improve my personal development?
Of course. These training course materials are relevant for all professionals. You can quickly work through the training course materials on your own. The advantage of our training content is that it is always self-explanatory.
I don’t have much experience with delivering courses. Will I be able to use these training course materials?
These training course materials are relevant for anyone, even without prior knowledge. They include an easy-to-follow trainer deck, a practical learner workbook, and trainer guides so you have all the tools and knowledge you need to help others be more productive.
How easy is it to deliver this course? Are the course materials practical?
We’ve ensured that all the training course materials are practical and easy to deliver.
Do I need training experience to present this course?
Absolutely not. The course is a perfect foundation for helping others to increase their productivity. This training course material is packed with practical and actionable ideas.
Will I receive a hard copy of these training course materials?
This is an online resource only. Upon completion of your purchase, you will receive a download link where you can access all training course materials to print and use as required. We do not offer a hard copy of these materials.
I still have some questions. Can I get in touch?
Absolutely! Send our support team an email at oaksales @oakinnovation.com, and they will gladly help you with your questions.