Equip managers and employees with the foundations from this coaching and mentoring course most needed for success through this scalable, customizable, and instantly available training course materials.
Participants in our coaching and mentoring course learn that coaching and mentoring are the skills and knowledge required to participate in and perform a successful coaching and mentoring initiative.
These skills include:
- Active listening.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Communication skills.
- Giving feedback.
Our practical coaching and mentoring course build the skills and confidence needed to identify opportunities for coaching and mentoring programs.
As a result of participating in this coaching and mentoring training course, participants will be able to introduce coaching and mentoring programs and share the benefits involved. This is something we frequently hear from clients with leadership skills training needs.
Our coaching and mentoring course is ideal for managers, supervisors, team leads, and front-line staff who are preparing to advance their coaching and mentoring skills.
Our innovative coaching and mentoring course provides free coaching and mentoring forms that will positively impact any implementation.
All content provided can be rebranded and customized.
Who Is This Product For?
This product is designed for leaders, managers, coaches, mentors, counsellors, instructors, individuals, and leading organizations that want to help the people and teams they support to be more productive.
That support can be through direct instruction, coaching, mentoring, counselling, or within traditional management arrangements.
This product also suits professionals who want to save time and improve their professional development.
The World’s Best Brands Trust Oak Innovation
Who Should Attend
This one-day coaching and mentoring course can be delivered in various training workshops, meetings, and activities. It is suited for groups of 12-15. The course targets the needs of line staff, team members, managers, and human resource professionals.
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Understand coaching and mentoring programs.
- Identify opportunities for coaching & mentoring.
- Introduce coaching and mentoring programs.
- Understand the benefits involved.
Topics Covered In This Coaching And Mentoring Course
- Focus on practical ways to employ coaching and mentoring skills.
- Explore what coaching is.
- Discuss the benefits of developing programs from internal resources.
- Examine the primary characteristics of coaches.
2. Different types of coaching
- The context in which the coaching will take place.
- The form of influence (Directive and Non-Directive) that the coach is adopting.
- Explore the trade-off between the work completed.
- Examine the push or pull styles of coaching on offer.
- Share six ways to start coaching and the GROW Model for coaching.
3. Mentoring programs
- Explore the world of mentoring.
- Discuss the use of mentoring within all organizations.
- Compare the two primary forms of mentoring (informal and formal mentoring).
4. Two types of mentors
- The Role Model.
- Facilitative Mentor.
- Mentor characteristics.
- How to plan a mentoring program.
- Obstacles and documentation
- Different types of mentoring models exist.
5. Five simple mentoring models
- Training based.
- Mentoring circles.
- Combinations of the above.
Coaching And Mentoring Course Overview
You will instantly receive a zipped file that contains the following:
- 70 Customizable PowerPoint Slides.
- 60 Page Training Workbook.
- 20 Page Instructor Manual.
- 17 Free Training Games.
- 17 Free Training Icebreakers.
- 14 Free Coaching And Mentoring Forms.
- 12 Practical Training Guides.
- 2 Course Tests.
- Reading List.
- Course Advertorial.
- Action Plan.
You can also use the free coaching and mentoring forms provided. These forms include:
- A guide to setting objectives.
- Client agreement form.
- Mentoring agreement form.
- Client profile forms 1 & 2.
- Client evaluation forms 1 & 2.
- Call record sheet.
- Coaching versus mentoring.
- Creating my plan form.
- Formal versus informal mentoring.
- How we react to change.
- Session record sheet.
- “What is important” form.
- “When I achieve” form.
- Mentoring review sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why use training course materials created by Oak Innovation?
- You save time and effort by downloading our instantly available training course materials, especially if you don’t have much spare time.
- You can brand all the training course materials as your own, opening up new delivery opportunities and revenue streams.
- You can customize the content without restrictions to meet the needs of your audience.
- You don’t need prior experience; you’ll instantly receive everything you need to deliver each course (e.g., slides, manuals, and guides).
Why is a coaching and mentoring course essential in the workplace?
Too many deadlines, unmet promises, and expectations that seems to get bigger each day — these experiences are all too common in most organizations. As a result, companies are making more conscious choices about introducing coaching and mentoring initiatives to solve these challenges — be it the form of coaching and mentoring matches from within the company or from using outside consultants and experts. This is for good reason.
We all want to better coaching and mentoring awareness, don’t we? But many executives worry that coaching and mentoring initiatives are more trouble than they are worth. These concerns are not entirely new. However, coaching and mentoring skills will ensure learners have top tips and support for succeeding in their roles.
Coaching and mentoring skills will give learners the knowledge and confidence to provide coaching and mentoring support and build a more successful workplace. This training course material offers many benefits for companies with management skills for new managers training needs.
What are the benefits of a coaching and mentoring course?
Our work environments have become increasingly demanding, generating even more challenges than before. A coaching and mentoring course gives people an understanding of some common mental health issues so that they feel more confident to support their own and others’ well-being.
Companies with coaching and mentoring programs training will always display greater performance awareness in business situations and their employees will feel more confident in their ability to both manage and maximize performance.
Why should I present a coaching and mentoring course?
We created this course to meet the following training needs.
- The World Economic Forum reveals that 94% of business leaders expect employees to pick up new skills on the job. And this is a sharp increase in expectations from 65% in 2018.
- Of note, Gallup discovered that actively disengaged employees cost US-based companies $483 billion to $605 billion yearly in lost productivity.
- The Mentor Coach Foundation reports that 71% of Fortune 500 companies have mentoring programs. And 97% of those surveyed say they are valuable to them.
- In another study, the HR Research Institute discovered that 56% of those surveyed agree/strongly agree with the current importance of coaching in the workplace.
- Finally, Forbes recently revealed that 76% of people surveyed believe mentors are important. However, only 37% of those surveyed currently have a mentor.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to improve their coaching and mentoring skills.
All leaders, managers, team leaders, line staff, trainers, coaches, and motivational speakers should attend this program to become experienced.
When will I get my training course materials?
You will receive your training course materials instantly after placing your order.
You will get the following resources:
An informative step-by-step guide of what you should do while presenting this course, complete with exercises and tests you use during the training.
This can be provided for participants to follow the progress of the course. Participants can complete exercises, tests, and an action plan in this workbook and review further suggested readings.
PowerPoint Slide Deck
You will get all the slides necessary to present the course.
The trainer and learner workbooks include all the activities/exercises developed to generate learning.
You will get a pre-course test and a course advertorial specific to the course.
You will get a post-course test, a learner action plan template, and a reading list specific to the course.
What trainer guides will I get?
You will get expert trainer guides to help you present this course.
- How to best use training games within your courses (includes 17 sample training games).
- How to make the best use of icebreakers in your courses (includes 17 sample icebreakers).
- A guide to increasing participation levels.
- How to teach trainees about personal values in your training courses.
- How to ensure that you will always create effective presentations.
- A guide on how to deal with difficult people.
- How to teach trainees about common emotional reactions to change.
- How to get the best participation levels within all your training courses.
- Your ten-step approach to creating a strong trainer trust score.
- How to teach your trainees to set goals within your training courses.
- How to select the right materials for your training courses.
- Your seven-steps to always creating the type of presentations that people remember.
- How to improve your questioning skills for your training courses.
- How to improve your listening skills within your training courses.
- A guide on evaluating training.
How long is this coaching and mentoring course?
1 day (8 hours of content)
Can I add my logo?
Of course! You can brand this course as your own.
Can I customize this coaching and mentoring course?
Of course! You can edit the content to meet the unique needs of your learners.
Why should I use Oak Innovation training materials to present a coaching and mentoring course?
Oak Innovation uses a unique approach to create this course – mixing the practical need to develop skills with the learning of experienced trainers. We offer you the training course materials to support delivering this course in a practical, informative and engaging way, no matter the delivery situation.
Can I use these training course materials to improve my personal development?
Of course. These training course materials are relevant for all professionals. You can quickly work through the training course materials on your own. The advantage of our training content is that it is always self-explanatory.
I don’t have much experience with delivering courses. Will I be able to use these training course materials?
These training course materials are relevant for anyone, even without prior knowledge. They include an easy-to-follow trainer deck, a practical learner workbook, and trainer guides so you have all the tools and knowledge you need to help others be more productive.
How easy is it to deliver this course? Are the course materials practical?
We’ve ensured that all the training course materials are practical and easy to deliver.
Do I need training experience to present this course?
Absolutely not. The course is a perfect foundation for helping others to increase their productivity. This training course material is packed with practical and actionable ideas.
Will I receive a hard copy of these training course materials?
This is an online resource only. Upon completion of your purchase, you will receive a download link where you can access all training course materials to print and use as required. We do not offer a hard copy of these materials.
I still have some questions. Can I get in touch?
Absolutely! Send our support team an email at oaksales @oakinnovation.com, and they will gladly help you with your questions.