How to get telesales training materials that will save you time and money
As a business manager, or as a training professional looking to offer training courses within telesales environments, you’ll know that one of the biggest challenges is knowing what your audience wants.
- What do they need to know?
- What content do they need to have?
- How can I help them?
The next problem is finding the time to create this courseware.
This is where we can help
Make sure your delivery is compelling and strong enough
Even if you’ve never stepped foot inside a telesales setting, chances are you have heard of the fast paced environments, the high staff turnover rates and the challenges in developing and retaining staff.
This course material will help participants to develop a better understanding of successful telesales skills. And, how they can use telesales techniques as part of their role. The content will also guide participants on the main obstacles to effective telesales.
The following topics are covered within the slides, manuals and support materials provided.
Telesales – Selling Over The Phone – Start by discussing what is telesales. Next, focus on the seven deadly sins of telesales. And, explore the concept of sales and the role of the telephone.
The Selling Equation – First, examine telesales as a process and how to manage first impressions. Next, examine telephone techniques like managing the call, voice and attitude.
Stages Of A Sales Call – Next, explore the AIDA Formula. And, discuss using a script and the essential trait of believability.
Why Do People Buy – First, focus on why people buy. And, of course, why people sometimes don’t buy. Then, explore the importance of features and benefits.
Handling Objections – End the course by examining the use of transitions. And, explore buying signals and how to close the sale.
Your participants will learn to:
– Identify the main obstacles to effective telesales
– Understand the process behind successful telesales skills
– Understand a range of techniques
– Use these techniques to build an effective process
– Explain the benefits of an effective telesales process
What you get
You will instantly receive the following training course materials to deliver your own telesales training courses:
- 38 page participant manual
- 52 powerpoint slides
- Practical exercises
- Further reading
- Course evaluation form
- Action plan
Bonus free training materials available
You will also receive the following free training guides:
- Training icebreakers
- How to select training materials
- Training games
- How to increase participation
- Learn to improve your questioning skills
- How to improve your listening skills
- Learn how to deal with difﬁcult people
- How to evaluate training courses
Frequently asked questions within telesales training courses
What is telesales?
Telesales is a tool for business-to-business and business-to-consumer sales.
What are the main things that can block an effective telesales process?
Part of being a great at telesales is knowing what may block a telesales process – to introduce an excellent process starts with an awareness of what might cause a process to not succeed.
Professional telesales can be blocked due to:
- Lack of management commitment
- It looks easy so its given minimum attention
- Insufficient marketing support
- Unrealistic expectations
- Staffing mistakes
- Insufficient investment
- Inadequate measurement and analysis
What are the main links between sales and the telephone?
A great telesales strategy can never be built on assumptions, especially when it comes to selling over the phone. These are the main links between selling and the telephone:
- The selling equation
- Telesales process
- Telephone technique
- Managing first impressions
- Managing the call
- Voice and attitude
What can cause a bad impression to happen in a phonecall?
Creating a bad impression will take you a long way away from closing a sale. Here are some things that will lead to a bad impression being formed:
- Don’t answer at all
- Don’t identify yourself or the organization
- Don’t appear to be interested in the customer
- Don’t listen to the customer
- Inspire confidence
- Leave the customer on hold
- Cut the customer off while transferring them
- Be rude or condescending to the customer
How do you manage a call?
Once a call has been successfully opened, the rest of the call needs to be managed by:
- Asking the right questions
- Actively listening to the other person
- Giving an necessary explanations
- Resolving any complaints or problems
- Being assertive should the need arise
How do you present the right attitude on a telesales call?
Presenting a positive attitude requires:
- Setting goals and work towards them
- Follow the Golden rule - treat people like people
- Don’t let others’ bad attitude affect you
- Take action - don’t put things on hold
- Avoid making excuses
What are the fours stages of a sales call?
Let's cut straight to the answer, the four stages of a sales call are:
What is the AIDA formula?
The 4 stages of the sales call facilitate the sales person in taking the customer through the AIDA formula.
- A - the sales person gains the attention of the customer
- I - the sales person builds the customer’s interest in the service being offered
- D - through building interest the sales -person creates desire for the service.
- A - Once desire has been created the sales-person moves to get the customer to take action and buy the service
Why do people buy?
There are six main reasons why people buy are:
- To avoid pain
- To reduce risk or loss
- To enhance their prestige or ego
- For their enjoyment, pleasure or comfort
- For other people
Can I edit these training course materials?
Yes. You can now add your own logo's and customize the course content freely using Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. You can also deliver the course materials where, when and as often as needed.
Get Every Course We’ve Ever Created – Limited Time Offer
Massive savings when you order all our training course materials.
$1,559.48 Add to cart
“I have over 30 years of Training and Development experience. I just finished previewing Oaks newest course entitled Problem Solving. Having done the research, designed and developed many training programs myself from the ground up, I can tell you that this program is ready to go! It is as complete and comprehensive as I have ever seen. It allows for customization and tailoring and is flexible enough to fit any business situation. I have used Oak products in the past and can assure you that you will not find a better product on the market that matches the comprehensive nature, quality and price of this offering, they have thought of everything! Trust me, save yourself a lot of time, money and energy. you don’t have to re-invent the wheel.”
Dave Benak, Owner