How to get training course materials on effective team working
At Oak Innovation, we’re always looking to find what works best when it comes to delivering employee development training courses. And, when it comes to delivering team working training courses, we see all kinds of opportunities for individuals to increase the range of courses that they can deliver.
But every course has to start with the right content.And, we’ve done the hard work so you don’t have to.
What you need to know about delivering your own team working training courses
This team working training course will provide your participants with the skills and knowledge needed to be an integral part of a high-performance team.
In particular, this training course will improve the skills of managers, team leaders, supervisors and front line staff.
The following topics are covered within the slides, manuals and support materials provided.
What is a team – Start by exploring the differences between groups and teams. Next, examine at various types of teams. Then, focus on the stages of team formation. And, outline roles and responsibilities. Conclude this section with a discussion on the role of ambiguity and interdependence.
Models of team working – Next, explore team balance and autonomy. levels of communication and media available. Then, discuss communication barriers and emotional intelligence.
High Performance Teams – First, discuss how to maintain a high-performance team. Then, explore how to overcome low performance. And, examine factors like motivation, diversity and leadership.
Managing expectations – End the course by exploring the causes of conflict and how to lead a high-performance team.
Upon completion of this training course your participants will be able to:
– Identify the main obstacles to effective team working skills
– Understand the nature of the team formation process
– Understand the components needed for a high-performance team to operate
– Use these components to build a team
– Explain the benefits of developing effective team working skills
What you get
You will instantly receive the following training course materials to deliver your own effective team working training courses:
56 page participant manual
88 powerpoint slides
Course evaluation form
Extra free training materials available
You will also receive the following free training guides:
- How to use icebreakers
- How to use training games
- How to improve listening skills
- How to improve questioning skills
- How to select materials
- How to increase participation
- How to deal with difﬁcult people
- How to evaluate training courses
Frequently asked questions on effective team working training courses
What are the main characteristics of an effective team?
Building effective teams can be one of the most challenging tasks for companies, and building teams without training is pretty impossible if you’re not clear on what are the main characteristics of an effective team.
Effective teams display the following characteristics:
- A focus is on collective effort
- Performance is greater than the sum of the individual contributions
- A sharing of values and goals that allows the leader to apply light steering pressure
- There is individual and mutual accountability for the overall performance of the team
- There is a high level of interaction between members
What are the main characteristics of a group?
Another great starting point when building effective teams is to look at the characteristics of a group. Effective groups display the following characteristics:
- Focus is on individual contribution
- Performance is the sum of individual contributions
- Lack of cohesive values leads to requirement for strong leadership
- Accountability is on an individual basis with no overall responsibility for performance
- Low level of interaction between individuals
What are the main barriers to effective communication within teams?
Once you’ve identified the need for teams, and started to build effective teamworking skills, it is worth proceeding by looking communication within teams. And, most notably any barriers that might prevail such as:
- Use of jargon
- Poor listening habits
- Prejudice and personal bias
- Complexity of the message
- Inappropriate media used
- Perceptions about the sender
- Accuracy of information
- Timing of the communication
- Ignoring what the members do not agree with
- Communication overload
What are the characteristics of high performing teams?
Depending on type of company involved, this is an area that could stop this tactic in its tracks.
High performance teams are focused on the goals of their team, their company and high performance teams are constantly seeking to achieve outstanding business results. If you’re looking to build high performance teams then there are lots of characteristics to explore:
- Share a common goal or purpose
- Build relationships on trust and respect
- Balance task and process activities
- Plan thoroughly before acting
- Involve members in decision making
- Use team-based problem solving techniques
- Value synergism and interdependence
- Emphasize and support team goals
- Reward individual performance that supports the team
- Communicate effectively
- Identify and deal with group conflicts
- Balance life between work and home
- Practice continuous improvement
- Constantly critique the way the team works
- Vary the level and intensity of the work
- Plan thoroughly before acting
Can I edit the content and add my own company logo?
Yes. You can now add your own logo's and customize the course content freely using Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. You can also deliver the course materials where, when and as often as needed.
“I have been using a number of Oak materials for quite some time. I found the content great with comprehensive details
This is a well-structured series relevant to today’s HR professional. Information is well organized and easy to understand. Having the information available online speeds up cycle time and increases flexibility. Overall a welcome addition to any HR managers toolkit.”
Director of Human Resources
“The sample module I obtained motivated me to purchase the entire set of 52! I immediately saw the value in being able to customize the materials to fit my audience and provide my clients with a choice of format (Powerpoint, Word, PDF). The attachments arrived in a timely fashion and were easy to access. I recommend these products to other coaches, trainers and consultants who want an easy way to save hours of time and have presentations they can customize and call their own.”
Dr. James S. Vuocolo,
Master Certified Business & Personal Coach
Save Time And Money – Limited Time Offer
Grab amazing savings when you order a set of all our training course materials !!!
$1,557.40 Add to cart