This one-day stress management course is an easy-to-present course that can be used in various training workshops, meetings, and activities. It is suited for groups of 12-15 people.
You can share stress management basics, techniques, and strategies that will give your participants the skills to manage stress.
The content can be rebranded and customized by adding a logo.
The World’s Best Brands Trust Oak Innovation
Stress is any change from an event or thought that would cause physical, emotional, or psychological strain.
And stress management relates to various techniques and strategies that can be used to control and manage stress. For example, therapies, employee assistance programs, job design, etc.
This stress management course begins by exploring stress in the workplace. The course examines how to measure absenteeism. And identifies the main influences of stress.
The course also details the role of management, stress reduction teams, and company event planning in managing stress.
And the course highlights the costs associated with higher employee absenteeism and turnover figures. And discusses anxiety and ‘General Adaptive Syndrome’.
Who Should Attend
This course will target the needs of line staff, team members, managers, and human resource professionals.
What Your Participants Will Learn
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Understand stress in the workplace.
- Learn how to measure absenteeism.
- Identify influences on stress.
- Identify anxiety and the individual.
- Detail ‘The General Adaptive Syndrome’.
- Manage stress.
There are six key sections in this stress management course.
1. Stress and the workplace
- Explore how stress impacts the workplace (e.g., reduced performance levels).
- Discover the impact on employee performance affects the company’s success.
- Explain how to reduce the costs associated with higher employee absenteeism and turnover figures.
- Highlight how lower motivation levels have a direct effect on satisfaction levels amongst staff.
- Discuss stress levels and burnout.
2. Physical and psychological symptoms
The physical and psychological symptoms of stress are:
- Sweaty hands.
- Dry mouth.
- Sudden panic attacks.
- Diminished libido.
- Depression and mood swings.
- Changes in appetite.
- Changes in communication.
- Poor sleep patterns.
- Poor concentration.
- Reduced decision-making.
- Suicidal ideation.
- Low interest in appearance.
- Heightened levels of anxiety and worry.
- Feeling overwhelmed.
- Obsessive and compulsive behavior.
- Reduced productivity at work.
- Changes in social interactions with others.
- Sudden panic attacks.
2. Key factors
- List factors that can influence stress levels both at an individual and at a company level.
- Discuss the impact of working conditions, work overload, and responsibility.
- Identify how interpersonal demands, relationships, and profiles cause obstacles and lead to stress.
- Examine contributory factors like role ambiguity and role conflict.
- Explore the impact of personality type on stress levels.
3. The General Adaptation Syndrome
The main phases are:
4. How to manage stress
- Identify the need to manage stress.
- Discuss the nature of stress.
- Detail how companies can manage these behaviors in the face of increased business pressures.
- Examine the different stages of stress.
- Stress the role of management and the individual in managing stress.
- Explore what will work well and what doesn’t work.
5. Support initiatives
- Employee counselling, communication forums, and listening skills as sources of support.
- Explain the role of management, stress reduction teams, and company event planning.
- Examine personal coping strategies, anxiety management, and cognitive restructuring.
- Discuss the role of performance appraisals in reducing the costs of problem/emotion-focused coping strategies.
Stress Management Course Overview
- 62 Customizable PowerPoint Slides.
- 46 Page Training Workbook.
- 17 Free Training Games.
- 17 Free Training Icebreakers.
- 12 Practical Training Guides.
- 2 Course Tests.
- Reading List.
- Course Advertorial.
- Action Plan.
€ 71Add to cart