How to get recruitment and selection training materials that will save you time
Are you looking to run your own training course on recruitment and selection?
Great news, we’ve done the hard work for you.
These training course materials are specifically designed to help you to build recruitment skills at all levels within the workplace (e.g., managers, team leaders, supervisors and front line staff).
The course material can also be easily integrated within all types of personal and leadership development programs that may be planned.
Don’t forget to use practical examples
Use the content to train your participants on biases that can happen when selecting new employees. And, discuss the different types of interview questions that can be used.
You can then instruct your participants on psychometric testing. And, share the formulas needed to measure recruitment and selection efforts.
These formulae include hit rate, hire ratio, and quality of hire. Plus, interview time and source cost per hire ratios.
Discuss specific examples on calculating interviewing cost and recruiter effectiveness. As well as measuring source cost per hire per interview.
Recruitment – The course begins by exploring the selection decision, reliability, validity and biases in selection.
The recruitment process – Use the course material to examine a simple recruitment process.
– Job analysis
– Source candidates
– The recruitment interview
– Types of interview questions
– Identifying skills
– Psychometric testing
– Reference checking
– Making an offer
How to measure recruitment – This section focuses on measuring the effectiveness of their recruitment efforts. Specific measurement tools include:
– Hit rate
– Hire ratio
– Quality of hire
– Interview time
– Source cost per hire ratios
– Interviewing cost
– Recruiter effectiveness
– Source cost per hire per interview
Upon completion of this training course, your participants will be able to:
– Understand the importance of recruitment.
– Identify the outcomes of the selection decision.
– Detail the main biases that can occur during the selection process.
– Introduce an effective recruitment process.
– Understand different types of interview questions.
– Discuss applications of psychometric testing within the recruitment process.
– Measure the recruitment process.
What you get
You will instantly receive the following training course materials to deliver your own recruitment and selection training courses:
- 55 page participant manual
- 67 powerpoint slides
- Practical exercises
- Further reading
- Course evaluation form
- Action plan
Bonus free training materials available
You will also get the following free training guides:
- Training icebreakers
- How to select training materials
- Training games
- How to increase participation
- Learn to improve your questioning skills
- How to improve your listening skills
- Learn how to deal with difﬁcult people
- How to evaluate training courses
Frequently asked questions from recruitment and selection training courses
What are the three main functions of recruitment and selection programs for the organization?
Here are three of the main functions of recruitment and selection programs to be aware of in order to keep your maximize your efforts:
- Attract a pool of suitable candidates
- Deter unsuitable candidates from applying
- Create a positive image of the organization
What are the four outcomes of the Selection Decision for an organization?
If you do not know the four outcomes of the selection decision then all your recruitment and selection efforts will be in vain.
- Accept Good Performers
- Reject Poor Performers
- Accept Poor Performers
- Reject Good Performers
Outcomes 1 & 2 need to maximized Outcomes 3 & 4 need to be minimized
What are the six main biases that can occur during the selection process?
Here are the six main biases that you'll find:
- Information seeking
- Contrast or quota
What are the five main steps in an effective recruitment process?
To improve your recruitment process, consider how you normally approach recruitment. When not organized correctly, this process can eventually impact across the whole organization so it's important to correctly allocate your resources and time.
You can arrange the recruitment process in the following manner:
- Job analysis and job descriptions
- Source candidates
- The recruitment interview
- Psychometric testing
- Reference checking and making an offer
What are the main advantages and disadvantages of a recruitment interview?
- Quick and relatively easy to perform
- Perceived by the candidate as a natural part of the recruitment process
- Allows the organization to get to know a candidate
- Allows the candidate to find out more about the organization
- Open to errors
- Difficult for interviewer to discriminate between relevant and irrelevant information
- Different conclusions can be reached dependent on the type of interview conducted
- Early impressions can negatively and inappropriately influence the interviewer’s judgment
What are the three main functions of the recruitment interview?
A recruitment interview can help your organization deliver valuable information to potential staff, gain their trust, and build strong relationships with them into the future.
Here are the three main functions of the recruitment interview:
- Mutual preview
What are the six main types of interview questions?
If you are not asking the right questions, then those interviewed will not be afforded the opportunity to share their knowledge and experience, and all your recruitment efforts will be less effective.
Here are some key types of questions to use:
- Direct or closed
- Probing and developing
- Reflecting back
How do you measure a recruitment and selection program?
The following simple equations can be used to measure your recruitment and selection initiatives:
- Hit Rate
- Hire Ratio
- Quality of Hire
- Interview Time
- Source Cost Per Hire Ratios
- Interviewing Cost
- Recruiter Effectiveness
- Source Cost Per Hire Per Interview
Can I edit the content and add my own company logo?
Yes. You can now add your own logo's and customize the course content freely using Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. You can also deliver the course materials where, when and as often as needed.
Get Every Course We’ve Ever Created – Limited Time Offer
Get massive savings when you order all our training course materials.
$1,559.48 Add to cart
“I have been using a number of Oak materials for quite some time. I found the content great with comprehensive details.
This is a well structured series relevant to today’s HR professional. Information is well organized and easy to understand. Having the information available online speeds up cycle time and increases flexibility. Overall a welcome addition to any HR managers toolkit.”
Director of Human Resources
“When you have an urgent need to prepare training the best thing to do is order from Oak.
We thank them for the great materials that they have prepared. A little permitted company-specific customization by us was enough to present a virtually perfect training session in our company. After this test we ordered another 10 modules – easily and conveniently. In addition, I received an incredibly good service with a personal touch to the client-specific requirements.”
Human Resource Manager