This delegation skills in leadership course is an easy and fun course used in various training workshops, meetings, and activities. It is suited for groups of 12-15 people but can be applied to larger groups by forming smaller groups. It only needs about a day to present the content.
It is easy to present this course. Download the content you’ll need (slide deck, manual and guides). And then follow the course outline.
The content can be rebranded and customized by adding a logo.
The World’s Best Brands Trust Oak Innovation
Delegation is the transfer responsibility for specific tasks from one person to another.
And when leaders master these skills, their success will follow.
To illustrate, a leader should delegate tasks to:
- Increase involvement by their team.
- Increase responsibility and ownership.
- Identify suitable candidates for future roles.
- Ensure specialist knowledge is employed where necessary.
- Increase group and organizational effectiveness.
This delegation skills in leadership course begins by discussing the relationship between leadership and delegation. Critical approaches to leadership.
The course then highlights three key areas (e.g., accountability, authority, and responsibility), and explores how to delegate more.
Who Should Attend
This course will target the needs of line staff, team members, managers, and human resource professionals.
What Your Delegates Will Learn
At the end of this course, your delegates will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between leadership and delegation.
- Understand the main approaches to leadership.
- Identify three crucial key terms (e.g., accountability, authority, responsibility).
- Delegate more.
These are the six critical sections in this training course.
1. The relationship between leadership and delegation
- Outline how delegation will deliver results.
- Deminstrate how delegation is a significant factor for leadership success.
- Focus on exploring what delegation is.
2. The benefits of delegation
- Explain the difference between delegation skills and control.
3. Leadership theories
- Introduce the qualities and traits approach to leadership.
- Discuss whether leaders are born or made.
- Explore leadership theories.
- Describe personality traits and functional and group approaches.
4. Functions and responsibilities of leadership
- Introduce leadership misconceptions.
- Identify leadership best practices.
- Describe action-centred leadership.
5. The relationship between leadership and delegation skills
- Introduce path-goal theory.
- Examine accountability and authority.
- Discuss why managers should delegate.
- Examine the tasks a leader should or should not delegate.
- Discuss why leaders don’t delegate tasks.
6. The delegation process
- Describe how to delegate effectively.
- Introduce a practical time management tool.
Delegation Skills In Leadership Course Overview
- 64 Customizable PowerPoint Slides.
- 50-Page Training Manual.
- 17 Free Training Games.
- 17 Free Training Icebreakers.
- 12 Practical Training Guides.
- 2 Course Tests.
- A Reading List.
- A Course Advertorial.
- An ction Plan.
$80.00Add to cart
Why We Created This Leadership And Delegation Skills
At its simplest, delegation skills in leadership are a collection of essential leadership development skills needed in the workplace.
- Whatfix has shown that leadership training will increase participants’ capacity for learning by 25% and their performance by 20%. In a perfect world, these statistics would be a lot higher.
- More importantly, Clear Company has found that 41% of managers overseeing three to five employees say they have had no training at all. And, 59% of managers overseeing one to two employees say the same. We find the lack of learning and development opportunities troubling – and for obvious reasons.