An energizer game uses physical movement, problem-solving, and fun to engage and energize your participants to the training course or meeting.
To increase energy levels within the group.
- Ask the group to stand in a line.
- The person at the back of the line is given the first line of a story (e.g., Seven tall men walked into a bar …) and asked to whisper the line to the person in front of them.
- The next person has to add a second line and whisper both lines to the person in front of them.
- This sequence continues with each additional participant adding another line until each reaches the front of the line where this person is asked to tell the story.
You can add a variation to this story where the group also has to tell the story backward by going back down the line again.
- Did anyone feel uncomfortable doing this exercise? If so, why?
- Can anyone explain why it is good for us to know each other’s names?
Appropriate Time Required
Flexible, dependent on group size. Max 15 minutes.